Recipe by chef zermane dit zermaki
Another recipe I would like to try from Stephanie Alexander - cooking South West France
Top Review by UmmBinat
Delicious. I didn't follow the directions exactly as they were a bit confusing. I used all the requested ingredients down to the sea salt but guessed at the gram amounts using very fresh mushrooms and salted butter as that is what I had on hand. I continued as stated until step 5 and then just added the lightly beaten eggs to the same cast iron frying pan and covered over quite low heat until done. I may make this omelet again. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 200 g mushrooms
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- slice or quarter mushrooms.
- heat 25g butter add mushrooms and cook until not moisture in pan.
- strain mushrooms returning any juices to pan and saute garlic for 30 seconds.
- then add mushrooms and toss
- season and add parsely.
- keep warm.
- whisk egg lightly and season.
- in 26 cm pan heat all but 1 teaspoon remaining butter moderate heat until foaming.
- tip in egg and tilt so covers pan.
- drag cooked edges to centre with wooden spoon and tilt pan to allow egg to run to edges.
- sppon mushrooms into centre give it 30 seconds.
- push pan away from you causing omlette to start to flip and finish flip with spatula.
- skim browned surface with last teaspoon butter and divide at table.