Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mushrooms and olive mixture tops toasted bread slices in a tasty appetizer you can have ready in 20 minutes. From EatBetterAmerica.com
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup olive
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 slices French bread, toasted
- Mix mushrooms, olives, capers and garlic in food processor bowl. Cover and process by using quick on-and-off motions until finely chopped. Add oil and vinegar; process just until mixed (do not overprocess).
- Spread mushroom mixture on toasted bread. Cut slices in half.
I wasn't sure about using the mushrooms raw, but this turned out really yummy! I scaled the recipe down for one person. Much enjoyed! Thanks Herb-Cat! Made for the Pick a Chef event in the contests forum.