1/2 Photos of Mushroom & Nut Pate
Found this recipe years ago, and don't even remember where it came from. I've tweaked this endlessly, adding parmesan cheese, different nuts, combinations of mushrooms, and different seasonings. If you like mushrooms and nuts, you'll like this. The recipe even looks like a pate - very similar color and texture. We especially like it hot, but it's still very good cold (put on a cracker, top with some cheese and roasted red pepper and broil - yum) or at room temperature. Great year-round, and especially at parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb sliced mushrooms (I use crimini, shiitake and white, mixed, but you can use your favorite or a combo)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (can also use your favorite nut, or a combination of nuts, such as 1/3 c almonds, 1/3 c walnuts, and)
- 1/4 cup butter (preferred) or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil (I've used extra virgin olive oil, salad oil, and white truffle infused oil - your preference)
- 1Spread nuts in shallow pan and toast in oven until lightly browned (note: if you're using a combination of nuts, toast each kind separately, as some take longer than others).
- 2Melt butter or margarine in large frying pan/skilled on medium heat.
- 3Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally,'til onion is soft and most of the juices have evaporated.
- 5In food processor, whirl nuts to form paste.
- 6Add oil and whirl until creamy.
- 7Add mushroom mixture and whirl until smooth.
- 8Can be served hot, cold, or even at room temperature with fresh bread or your favorite crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom & Nut Pate
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.1
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 198.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g