Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Hearty Delicious Meal Leftovers make good sandwiches, just like meatloaf!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, Chopped
- 3⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine or 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot (found in the spice isle) or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum flour (OR whole wheat flour if gluten is not a problem)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- lots fresh ground pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Heat a Large Skillet and pour in 1 TSP Olive Oil.
- When the Oil is hot add Chopped Onions saute until soften 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add in Minced Garlic, Chopped Mushrooms, Chopped Cashews and Chopped Walnuts. (I used a dehydrated blend and reconstituted them in water for several hours before chopping.).
- Continue cooking stirring constantly, if the mixture begins to stick add more Olive Oil.
- Mix together Cooking Wine, Arrowroot, Lemon Juice, Flour, Rosemary, and Thyme.
- Pour into skillet and cook until the mixture thickens 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with Salt and Pepper. Press mixture into 9 x 5 x 3-inch Loaf Pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Slice and Serve hot.
I made a variation of this for Thanksgiving this past weekend. I used more mushrooms, used almonds and pecans instead for the nuts, subbed apple cider for the alcohol and used fresh herbs, instead. It was great!