Recipe by Dancer^
When I tasted this OH MY...its wonderful. Four of us ate all of it in one sitting and are having it again very soon.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 ounces beef bouillon
- 8 ounces tofu
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 32 ounces red kidney beans
- 4 lbs canned tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, brown the onion, garlic and white mushrooms in the olive oil at medium heat 10 minutes.
- Add the beef bouillon to the tofu, and mix in with a fork.
- Add to the onion and mushrooms, along with the portabella mushroom.
- Continue heating another 10 minutes.
- Then add the kidney beans, tomatoes and tomato paste, and spices.
- Keep on medium heat for 1 hour.
- The chili may be optionally garnished with Enoki mushrooms, and finely sliced red and green peppers.