Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not only are these delicious, there are also very easy and pretty.
Make and share this Mushroom Nests recipe from Food.com.
- 4 phyllo pastry sheets
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted & finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mushroom Filling:.
- In nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook mushrooms, soy sauce, garlic and nutmet, stirring, for about 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in onions and walnuts.
- Blend in mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo pastry on work surface, keeping remaining sheets covered withdamp cloth.
- Brush with butter.
- Lay second sheet of phyllo over top; brush with buter.
- Repeat with remaining sheets.
- Cut crosswise into fifths and lengthwise in thirds to make 30 squares total.
- Press each 4-layer square into nonstick 1-inch tart tin or mini muffin pans.
- Bake in 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon filling into nests; bake for about 4 minutes or until filling is hot.
- Nests may be stored in cool dry place for up to 6 weeks.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley sprigs, slivers of red pepper and capers, even some grated cheese.