Recipe by ellie_
Stuffed mushroom appetizers that are a bit different from the usual. Zucchini (cut 1/4 inch thick can be substituted for the mushroom caps). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 1982)
- 24 large fresh mushrooms, washed
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ounces chorizo sausages, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (24 pieces)
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small red bell peppers, roasted or 2 pimientos, cut into 24 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Brush mushroom caps with melted butter.
- Arrange mushroom caps, rounded side down, on prepared cookie sheet.
- Preheat broiler.
- On each mushroom cap, put one piece of sausage, then sprinkle with jalapeños, cheese and red bell pepper.
- Repeat with rest of the mushrooms.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Transfer mushrooms to a heated platter and sprinkle with green onion.