Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice pasta dish that even my husband who doesn't like pasta likes!
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 lb boneless beef top round steak, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup spreadable chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. in a large skillet, saute beef in 2 teaspoons oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute red pepper and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add spinach and rosemary; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, and milk; heat through (do not boil). Drain linguine, top with mushroom mixture and beef.
This was good! I made this as directed except that I used a variety of bell peppers and I had to use spreadable regular cream cheese and added some snipped chives - our small store didn't carry the chive and onion variety. I sliced up a NY steak that I had in the freezer and even though I over-cooked it a bit, it was still pretty good. As I was cooking I realized that the directions didn't say where to use the mushrooms, so I added them in with the onions. This was gorgous while everything was cooking - all of the different colors looked great. I think that next time I would add a little more milk to thin the sauce out a little bit. Thanks Shelby for another winner. Made for Photo Tag.