Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an old, found again, recipe from the archives. Haven't made it in years, but remember it being good.
- 5 cups Corn Chex, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 6 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine Chex crumbs and oregano.
- Melt 5 1/2 tbs margarine in med-sized skillet.
- Add to Chex mixture. Mix until evenly coated.
- press onto bottom and sides of pie plate.
- Bake 8 minutes. Cool at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in remaining 1/2 tablespoon of margarine until liquid evaporates.
- Place in bottom of shell.
- Combine eggs, half and half, salt and pepper.
- Pour over mushrooms.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.