Recipe by AdriMicina
A slightly modified recipe from 'More muffin magic', a lovely little book that a friend of mine brought me a few years ago from Australia; I made them this morning for my mom, who's in bed for a bad flu, and though she hasn't eaten much these days, she had three of these in a row...
- 1 cup finely chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced ham
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 200°C, line muffin pans with paper cases or grease them.
- Mix eggs, oil, milk, parmesan, parsley and thyme.
- Add mushrooms and ham and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix just until combined, do not overmix.
- Place in prepared pans and bake 15/20 minutes or until skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans immediately and let them cool on a rack.
- Variations:if you like a stronger mushroom flavour you can add 1/4 cup dried mushrooms soaked in hot water until tender and chopped- You can substitute diced bacon for the ham- You can add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts- Can be made cholesterol free by omitting egg yolks and using only whites+ using skimmed milk instead of full fat+ omitting the cheese.
- Serve these muffins with soups, beef or chicken meals,and salads.