Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you want muffins that are fantastic to eat with a salad or soup, try these
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil or 1⁄3 cup melted shortening
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley (optional) or 2 tablespoons chives, chopped (optional)
- Beat egg, blend in shortening, milk and soup.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients along with parsley or chives.
- Stir til flour is just moistened.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 mins 425F.