Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I worked in an Italian restaurant when I was sixteen, and I loved the bruschetta bread! Although this is not quite the same, it's still really good.
- Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Bake bread on baking sheet at 400*F for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Mix soup, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir in mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and onions.
- Spread soup mixture on bread. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each bread half into 4 pieces.
This recipe was very easy and tasted great! We were looking for something that resembled a recipe my father-in-law remembered my mother-in-law making for a quick supper after all the kids left home. This was more involved than he remembered, but it was a hit! I think next time I will use a lower sodium soup. It was a little salty, but had great flavor.