Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
These are great for a family supper.
- 4 cube steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (4 ounce) canssliced mushrooms
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and lemon pepper.
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet.
- Add steaks and cook over med.
- heat till browned, and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Add green pepper, onion, and mushrooms, with juice.
- Heat over low heat 7 minutes.
opps forgot my review. This was pretty good. I will cook again, but next time use more mushrooms, Iread the directions wrong and only put in a little over 1/2 of what it called for. Cube steak is usually a little tough and this was still tough, but not as bad as usual. I think next time I will let it cook a little longer in the juices to see if that makes it a little less tough.
I made this as stated and loved the veggies, I found the meat to not be highly flavored by the mushroom or the juice. I even let it sit for quite awhile. I have alot of minute steaks in my freezer and was looking for some different uses. I probably won't make this again.
I found this good and tasty - the preparation and flavor are both extremely simple. I did get one complaint about my use of canned mushrooms, but I thought the mushroom juice was a major contributer to the flavor. Good comfort food!