Recipe by Dancer^
Mushrooms can help make dishes like casseroles, stews and chiles more healthful. Simply cut back on the meat and add mushrooms, which provide a "meaty" texture and rich flavor. Points 1.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 20 ounces assorted mushrooms, stems trimmed, caps sliced (shiitake,button, etc.)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) packageready-to-use spinach leaves, stems removed
- 6 green onions, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot.
- Add all mushrooms and saute until brown and almost tender, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, ginger and garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add spinach and green onions and stir until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.