1/1 Photo of Mushroom Medley a Great Side Dish!
This recipe is perfect to serve as a side dish with Turkey or chicken. The recipe came from "The Chopping Block" by Philomena Corradeno - I have tweaked it a bit. You may make ahead and reheat just before serving. I like a fairly thick sauce but if you like it thinner add a bit more water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, gills removed,1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb white mushroom, use large,1/2 inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine or 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4-3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine (butter's better)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute the onions& rosemary in 1 tbsp of oil until lightly browned apprx 10 minutes, remove from pan.
- 2Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan, heat and add the mushrooms, saute until nicely browned- you may have to do 2 batches and add a bit of extra oil.
- 3Apprx 5 minutes.
- 4Return onions to the pan add remaining ingredients and simmer for apprx 12 minutes.
- 5Check your seasoning& serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Medley a Great Side Dish!
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 332.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g