Recipe by MarieRynr
These delicious meatballs were favorites of my kids when they were growing up. Simple and tasty they made good use of what was usually in my larder. "Cheap and Cheerful", they were economical as well.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the mushroom soup and the water.
- Mix together in a bowl, the beef, crumbs, onion, garlic, parsley and egg, adding 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture. Mix in well.
- Shape into balls and brown in a frying pan in a little bit of fat.
- When browned, drain off fat and pour the remaining soup mixture over.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, until tender and tasty.
- We like this with buttered noodles.