Recipe by hedgehog1995-cooking
This is a wonderful vegetarian recipe. Every time I make it it comes out a little different, but always delicious! I think it comes from Rose Elliot's book "Not just a load of old lentils"
- 450 g cleaned mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 125 g chopped nuts, - i like brazils or 125 g cashews
- 225 g soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon marmite or 1 teaspoon yeast extract
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven Gas mark 4/180 degrees centigrade/ 350 degrees farenheit.
- Chop mushrooms roughly.
- Peel and chop onion. Fry onion in the sunflower oil in a large saucepan for 7 minutes, until soft.
- Add mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes. Add marmite/yeast extract to pan and allow to melt slightly.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir well, and season to taste.
- Grease a 1 pound loaf tin generously. Spoon in mix. Press down well. Bake for one hour.
- Serve in slices, with vegetarian gravy.