Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple dish that is great in the fall when the basil and mushrooms are in season. This recipe was given to me by my co-worker, Bernie.
- 453.59 g package linguine
- 88.74 ml butter
- 49.29 ml garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- 1892.72 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Linguini: Cook as per package directions.
- Drain before adding sauce.
- In a large saucepan melt 2 tbls.
- Add garlic and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms, basil and a dash of salt.
- Saute until tender.
- Add rest of the butter, olive oil and pepper to mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms to pasta and toss.
- Garnish w/ parsley.
- Serve w/ fresh Parmesan cheese.
Well, Aroostook, you really caught my eye with this one! I am a mushroom enthusiast in a very big way! I was alone for the evening so cut the recipe in half and dined very high all by myself! : )Wonderful linguini! I did use fresh basil and parsley from my garden and added a bit of salt to my taste. I would highly recommend this to any other mushroom lover! Thanks, Barb! Next time my mushroom-hater is out of town, I will be having this one again ; )
Delicious. Very garlicky, so be sure you're a garlic lover before making it!
A real keeper! The flavor was wonderful. We are big garlic fans here, so that fit the bill. Simple to make, easy directions. We will definitely have this one again.