For the mushroom lovers! Use linguine, spaghetti, or any long pasta.
Make and share this Mushroom Linguine recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces liguine pasta, can use spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 ounces mushrooms, sliced, use favorite(s)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, to sprinkle
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according ton package directions; drain and keep hot.
- While pasta is cooking: In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms; sauté over med-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, salt, pepper and basil to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover. Add parsley and heavy cream; simmer until liquid thickens/reduces a bit.
- Toss the hot cooked pasta with the mushroom sauce. Place in serving bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
WONDERFUL! I used fresh basil instead of parsley--about 1/4 cup, and sherry instead of white wine. I also subbed olive oil for half the butter. My family loved it.
Wonderful recipe, Parsley! We had this for lunch today along with grilled chicken, garlic spinach, roasted potatoes and a ww roll. Delicious. I made a few changes to suit our tastes - I used only 1 tbsp butter along with a tsp of olive oil. Used about 12 oz cremini mushrooms, a half cup of broccoli and a minced serrano pepper for heat. I used half and half instead of cream and added 8 tbsp (1/2 cup), plus a half cup of the pasta liquid. I also pureed about 1/3 cup of the mushroom mixture with some pasta liquid to add creaminess to the sauce. I didn't have any fresh basil or parsley so used dried. And finally, I used porcini flavored linguine and a good dry bordeaux . Excellent results! Next time, I will use 16oz mushrooms and puree a half cup to get more sauce. Reduce half and half to just 4 tbsp, and use fresh herbs. Thank you for posting!
DH and I made this linguine for lunch today. It is very rich and really delicious. We liked how fast and easy it was to prepare. I used about 16 oz of button and portabella shrooms, as that it what I had on hand and it seemed like it was plenty. We'll definitely have this again when we are in need of a quick to fix, tasty lunch. Thanks!