Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 cups uncooked risotto rice
- 2 tablespoons butter, for sauteing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 5 -6 cups vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb sliced baby mushroom cap
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Saute mushrooms and pepper in olive oil until mushrooms are limp and darken in color; transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add lemon grass, grated lemon peel and parmesan cheese to veggie medley; set aside.
- In large saucepan saute onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until translucent.
- Add rice and white wine; stir until wine is absorbed.
- Gradually add one cup of veggie broth at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding next cup.
- Cook until rice is tender.
- When rice is done, add mushroom mixture; stir to heat through and serve.
Great colours in this dish and nice flavours too, I used chicken stock and halved the butter amount. Thanks for posting. =)