Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy broth soup to make. Nice and chunky. Rather low-fat, too.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 large leeks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb button mushroom, sliced (or baby portabellas)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a large soup pot, melt butter; add leeks, garlic and mushrooms. Saute about 7-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth, wine and potatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add spices and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
The broth was a bit bland, so I added a couple of bay leaves and some worcestershire sauce. After that it was great, really filling. Will make again. Thanks!