1/1 Photo of Mushroom Leek Frittata
1 hr 5 mins
Aunt Cookie's Note:
From Moosewood. I would call this more of a casserole than a frittata, but I will honor the wishes of the original recipe writer. :) This is a nice addition to a brunch menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups bread cubes (whole wheat is nice)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup leek, carefully cleaned and chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1Arrange the bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a 375 F oven until crispy.
- 2Saute the garlic in 2 tb. butter and 2 tb. olive oil until the garlic is golden.
- 3Toss the bread cubes with the garlic butter.
- 4Saute the leeks in the rest of the butter and olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- 5Add the mushrooms and seasonings, and continue to cook. Stir occasionally, but keep a lid on it to retain the juices from the mushrooms.
- 6Butter a 9 x 9 inch pan. Place the bread cubes in the pan, arrange the cream cheese on top, cover the cream cheese with the vegetables, and top with the cheddar cheese.
- 7Beat together the eggs and milk with some salt and pepper and pour it over the other ingredients in the pan.
- 8Bake in the 375 F oven until puffy and golden, about 30 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Leek Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.9
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 191.9 mg
- Sodium 379.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.9 g