Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had recieved this recipe from Curves where I used to work out. This was from their meal plan that is part of their program. This is a mushroom lover's recipe. My husband asks for it all the time. This is a very low carb meal. For meat I usually use the Johnsonville Mild Italian sausage. I also used the presliced mushrooms to save on my fingers. The gal from curves who gave me this recipe uses Wahoo Chili seasoning and Jimmy Dean spicy sausage.
- 1 package whole mushroom, sliced (reserve about 1/4-1/2 cup mushrooms and fnely chop for filling)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (1/2 for filling, 1/2 to top)
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 dash garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute finely chopped mushrooms and green peppers in drippings from sausage.
- Layer sliced mushrooms in a 6x9 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Mix sausage, veggies, spices, cream cheese and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
- Spread evenly over layered mushrooms.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and bake 5-10 mins more.