Recipe by Tebo
If the pasta sauce is meatless this is a vegetarian dish! It can be a lunch or a main course for a dinner. I have had no complaints when I've served it.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I loved this recipe but I tweeked it for our tastes. I sauteed the mushrooms until they were just barely softened. I used a whole jar of pasta sauce and added 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon basil to the pasta sauce to get a fuller flavor. I used about 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Thanks for a great idea for a meatless lasagna.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped (try a red onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms (assorted or plain mushrooms, try cremini, shiitake, brown, button etc)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky pasta sauce, any flavour
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese (or what you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna according to directions.
- Heat oil in skillet; saute vegetables until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in pasta sauce and heat through.
- Spread thin layer of sauce in 13" X 9" dish.
- Top with 3 noodles, then 2 Tbs cheese& some sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.