Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from our local paper and hope to make it when the weather warms up a tad. This was part of their "One for the Blokes" feature and the nutritionist gave it a big thumbs up. Times are estimated. Think this could be duplicated with an indoor grill and frypan/skillet for the hotplate.
- 60 g butter (softened)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 mushrooms (flats or fields trimmed)
- 3 slices rindless bacon (diced)
- 2 -3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 -2 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
- Preheat barbecue plate to high and the grill to medium.
- Combine butter, garlic and 3/4 of the parsley in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and beat till well combined.
- Lightly spray both sides of the bread and mushrooms with oil.
- Barbecue the bread on the grill for 2-3 minutes each side until toasted.
- Barbecue the mushrooms on the flat plate, stem side up first for 3 to 4 minutes each side until tender.
- Add the bacon to the hotplate and cook, tossing for a minute until golden and then drain on paper towel.
- Spread a little garlic butter on each piece of toasted bread, top with a mushroom and sprinkle with bacon and remaining parsley and then drizzle worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper and serve with a lemon wedge.
This is just fantastic!! I sauteed the mushrooms and bacon in the worcestershire, otherwise made as directed. The garlic/worcestershire/bacon was so good with the mushrooms - we really loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
We really enjoyed this. I sauteed the mushrooms in a skillet and had bacon already cooked from the morning, so this went together really fast. After spreading the garlic butter over the bread, I baked it for about 15 minutes to get a nice golden brown then piled the mushroom and bacon on. Sprinkled with the Worcestershire and a spritz of lemon. I agree that the lemon just sends this over the top. Thanks Pat for sharing. We'll make this one again.
Yes I really did enjoy!
Kilpatrick anything? OH BOY!
Wonderful combination of ingredients, SO simple and easy to do!
Devoured these today at lunch! WHOO HOO!