Recipe by Tina and Dave
I tend to use mushroom ketchup as an ingredient in meals. It has a similar texture to soy sauce.
- 12 ounces large open mushrooms
- 10 fluid ounces vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 ounces soft dark brown sugar
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean mushrooms (don't wash them!) and then quarter them.
- Put the mushrooms and all the other ingredients into a pan and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer gently for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then liquidise in a blender.
- Return to a clean pan and bring to the boil before pouring into warm bottles,.
- Cover immediately.