Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have been trying to include more kale into our diet, but I didn't have many recipes. I had a bit of chorizo in the fridge and some leftover mushrooms and "winged" it. My boys (9, 10, & 13) loved it so much, I realized I'd better write it down so I don't forget. I used portabello mushrooms and penne pasta. Next time I may add some cannelini beans for fun.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced chorizo sausage (2 links of ours)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 lb diced mushroom
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 cup milk (depending on how thin or thick you like it. I used 1-1/2) or 1 -2 cup cream (depending on how thin or thick you like it. I used 1-1/2)
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 lb pasta, cooked drained and warm (I used whole wheat penne)
- In a large pan melt butter and cook onion until translucent.
- Add chorizo, garlic, & kale. Cook about 10 minutes until the kale starts getting tender. Add in mushrooms and cook about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for a minute or two. Add the milk or cream & paprika. Stir and cook until bubbling and let thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta.
This was really good. It was quite simple. I had a hard time finding the chorizo links, so I tried it with the loose chorizo, and I didn't like it. I then found the links and tried it again and I LOVE it. I made it exactly as listed, but I added some leeks too. Perfection. All of my boys and my hubby loved it!