Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful kabob for fall grilling, when all the mushrooms are fruiting. With more types of mushrooms available in the grocery store, you can now make these year round using an assortment of button, portabello, shitaake, and crimini mushrooms.
- 177.44 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread mushrooms and peppers alternately on skewers.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper.
- Brush mushrooms and peppers with this flavored oil.
- Brush grate with oil, and place kabobs on the grill.
- Baste frequently with oil mixture.
- Cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and thoroughly cooked.
I made these for brunch and grilled them in the oven, marinated them for 1 hour. very tasty and attractive to serve. They would be perfect on a buffet table Thanks Chippie!
What a perfect BBQ food. Not hard to make at all and very colourful! We used button, chestnut and shitake mushrooms. Don't try and leave out the fresh herbs, they really add that extra bit of flavour to the recipe.