1/7 Photos of Mushroom Hotcakes/Pancakes
This is from a recipe card I picked up at the local markets and looks so good. Serving suggestion given are to top with reduced fat cream cheese or with a dollop of tomato chutney and cottage cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan (skillet) over medium-high heat and add the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes stirring often until the mushrooms are tender and all moisture has evaporated.
- 2Remove to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside to cool.
- 3Wipe pan clean.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- 5Whisk buttermilk and eggs in a jug with a fork until well combined.
- 6Stir buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients until combined.
- 7Stir in mushrooms and chives (mixture should be the consistency of light sour cream, add more buttermilk if required).
- 8Brush frying pan with a little of the oil and heat over medium heat until hot.
- 9Using about 2 tablespoons of the mixture per hotcake, spoon mixture into pan and cook for about 2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surgace and then turn hotcakes and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes or until golden (you should be able to cook about 3 to 4 at a time).
- 10Keep warm (in the oven) while cooking the remaining batter.
- 11Serve - suggestions given are reduced fat cream cheese or a dollop of tomato chutney and cottage cheese.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Hotcakes/Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 734.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 24.0 g