Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A nice way to serve chicken for a dinner party! You can vary the type of mushrooms and herbs.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 ml mixed herbs
- 100 ml cream
- 25 ml brandy
- 2 slices bread, cut into 4 triangles, deep fried
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50 g mushrooms, sliced
- 200 ml fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 ml dill
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten to moisten
- 5 ml butter
- Sauté the celery, onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes, stir in crumbs, dill, salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, cool, add enough egg to moisten.
- Cut pockets into breast as deeply as you can without cutting through.
- Stuff pockets with filling, secure openings with toothpicks.
- Place in a buttered casserole dish, sprinkle with herbs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 170°C for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, place over medium heat on top of the stove, pour over brandy and light flame (flambé), add cream and allow to bubble.
- Brown under a grill if necessary.
- Serve garnished with bread triangles.