Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A simple, quick to make, low-fat and delicious anytime mushroom lovers' snack that I have adapted from a recipe I found in the November 2005 issue of the Australian magazine 'Table: easy family food for every day of the week'. I am posting it for the 2005 Zaar World Tour.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 1 serve and I had it with a simple fresh lettuce and tomatoe salad for a lovely refreshing light lunch. Thank you bluemoon downunder, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.
- 8 small field mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ready-made bruschetta, thickly sliced, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, place the mushrooms on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, herbs, lemon juice and lemon zest, and season to taste.
- Place the mushrooms on the toast slices, drizzle the herb and lemon mixture over the mushrooms and serve.