1/1 Photo of Mushroom, Herb and Parsnip Pie
1 hr 35 mins
This can be frozen once made just be sure not to grill. It will keep for upto 2 months and should be allowed to defrost to room temp before cooking for 40 mins at 180C
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 850 g parsnips, chunked
- 500 g potatoes, chunked
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 75 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 125 g closed cup mushrooms, halved
- 125 g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 4 flat mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250 ml red wine
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1cook the potatoes and parsnips in boiling salted water until tender. (about 15 mins).
- 2About 8 mins into cooking steam the carrot and leeks over the potato pan.
- 3Meanwhile heat the oil and 25g of the butter until foamy. add onion and cook for 5 minutes Add mushrooms and garlic and fry over a high heat for minutes.
- 4Sprinkle flour on mushrooms and toss to coat.
- 5Add wine to mushrooms, along with stock, puree, cinnamon and bay leaves and bring to boil.
- 6Stir until sauce thickens and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Heat grill to high.
- 8Drain the potatoes and parsnips. Melt the remaining butter and gently fry the rosemary in it. Add the seasoned butter to the potatoes along with the milk. Mash until smooth.
- 9Add carrots and leeks to the mushroom mix and season.
- 10Place the mushroom mix in a large casserole dish and top with the mash. Grill until golden on top.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom, Herb and Parsnip Pie
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 201.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: