Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
My family and I absolutely love Karen=^..^='s Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll, but it doesn't fit into my diet very well, so this is my diet friendly version (lower fat and less refined carbs). This is so easy and yummy. Thanks Karen.
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute or 12 egg whites
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 3⁄4 ounces ham, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained (from jar)
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup low fat mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Beat egg substitute and milk until fluffy.
- Add flours, salt, and pepper; beat until smooth.
- Pour into 9x13-inch baking dish, sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for until eggs are almost set (6-10 minutes).
- Sprinkle with ham, mushrooms, and cheese (or omelet ingredients of your preference).
- Bake until cheese melts (about 5 minutes).
- Starting at short side, roll up omelet while still in pan.
- Place seam side down on serving dish.
- Cut into slices and serve.