- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, cleaned and sliced (white,shiitake,Chanterelle,or Crimini,or combination)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I use fresh)
- 3⁄4 cup gruyere, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt in food processor,add butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add water.
- Form into flat disc and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree.
- Saute onion in olive oil,add mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and add parsley.
- Roll pastry out and line 9" tart pan with dough.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Cover pastry with mushroom mixture and top with grated cheese.
- Mix eggs and cream together,pour over mushrooms.
- Bake 30 minutes.