A french-style green bean casserole minus the fried onions and using homemade white sauce with fresh mushrooms and onions. This is very similar to Kittencal's Delicious Creamy Cheesy Green Bean Casserole , but mine does not use water chestnuts or almonds, and mine uses Cheez Whiz process cheese instead of shredded cheddar. You can use two 16-ounce packages of frozen french-style green beans instead if you like. Use more or less cream depending on how thick you like your sauce. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream or 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (16 ounce) jar process cheese sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans
- 1In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
- 2Stir in flour until well blended.
- 3Gradually stir in cream.
- 4Bring to a boil, then cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in the cheese sauce, soy sauce, pepper, and hot pepper sauce until the cheese is melted.
- 6Stir in green beans.
- 7Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 8Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 807.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g