2 hrs 10 mins
Happy Hippie's Note:
This recipe is from the reynoldskitchens.com website. This roast is baked in a large oven roasting bag. I love these roasting bags and next to a crockpot, this is my favorite method for making pot roast and other recipes as well. Cleanup is a breeze too, which is always a top priority to me. I like to add potatoes and baby carrots to the roasting bag to cook along with the roast beef. Dinner in a dish. It just doesn't get any easier than this. NOTE: If you wish to have plenty of gravy, I recommend doubling all ingredients with the exception of the roast beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Shake flour in oven bag; place in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 3Add gravy mix and water to oven bag.
- 4Squeeze oven bag to blend in flour.
- 5Add onion and mushrooms to oven bag. Turn oven bag to coat ingredients with gravy.
- 6Rub roast with thyme, salt and pepper; place roast in oven bag.
- 7Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag.
- 8Bake until roast is tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 9Let roast rest for 5 minutes in the cooking bag prior to slicing.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Gravy Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.6
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 502.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 44.1 g