- 2 tablespoons pan drippings
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, allow pan drippings to heat.
- Stir in mushrooms and allow to cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add flour and continue stirring until mixture is brown.
- Add stock and Worcestershire sauce, stirring until well blended.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.