Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came up with this after failing to find a mushroom gravy in any of my cookbooks that I could use for a recipe I tagged
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coarsley chopped mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant beef bouillon (Herbox)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over a med-high heat till golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and onions; Sautee till tender. Add wine; cook 30 sec.
- In a 1-cup liquid measuring cup, mix flour and 2 Tbs. water till smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients adding water last and enough to reach the 1-cup line; Stir into mushroom mixture
- Add another 1/2 cup water to pot.
- Turn on high and stir and cook till bubbly; Cook one more minute then remove from heat
- May be used in recipes calling for mushroom gravy or as a gravy for meats or mashed potatos or whatever else you can think of!
I really enjoyed this gravy! It has a depth of flavor and was great over yellow rice! Thanks LizAnn! Made for Zaar tag.