Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Clipped from the AJC, this recipe is from the very popular Chops Restaurant in Atlanta.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 lb button mushroom, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt and pepper (mixed)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- Preheat the broiler. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, wine and salt/pepper mix and cook until all the liquid evaporates. Add cream and reduce to a sauce consistency. Taste for seasoning. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof dish and top with the Asiago cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese melts.
I just love mushrooms and this was awesome! If you love mushrooms, you must try this. I made this according to the recipe but only used 1/2 cup heavy cream. It worked just fine. The amount of cheese is just right. Thanx for sharing!