- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, each about 4 ounces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup arugula leaf
- 4 sourdough sandwich buns, split
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Using a pastry brush, spread dressing on the mushroom caps.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn mushrooms and add onions; cook 5 to 6 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and the onions softened.
- Spread bottom half of each roll with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Add arugula, then a mushroom, onions and other half of roll.