Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Not your everyday common mushroom sauce! This makes about 2-1/2 cups sauce, but the recipe can be doubled, this is fantastic on beef!
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I made this flavoursome and very quick to make sauce to serve with KITTENCAL's Recipe #166853 and noodles. The perfect complement. Except for omitting the crushed red pepper flakes and curry powder and increasing the garlic (personal taste preferences), I made this exactly to the recipe. A great find and a recipe I'll certainly be making again. Thank you KITTENCAL!
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot (can use finely chopped onion in place of shallots)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucpan, cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic, curry powder and crushed red pepper in hot oil until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add in 3/4 cup chicken broth, soy sauce and nutmeg; bring to boiling.
- In a small cup or bowl whisk together wine and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to the saucepan; cook and stir until smooth and slightly thickened.