Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not your everyday common mushroom sauce! This makes about 2-1/2 cups sauce, but the recipe can be doubled, this is fantastic on beef!
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot (can use finely chopped onion in place of shallots)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- In a large saucpan, cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic, curry powder and crushed red pepper in hot oil until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add in 3/4 cup chicken broth, soy sauce and nutmeg; bring to boiling.
- In a small cup or bowl whisk together wine and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to the saucepan; cook and stir until smooth and slightly thickened.
I made this flavoursome and very quick to make sauce to serve with KITTENCAL's Kittencal's Low-Fat Parmesan Turkey Meatballs and noodles. The perfect complement. Except for omitting the crushed red pepper flakes and curry powder and increasing the garlic (personal taste preferences), I made this exactly to the recipe. A great find and a recipe I'll certainly be making again. Thank you KITTENCAL!
This was absolutely fabulous. I am not a gravy person, but I loved it. My husband, on the other hand, is a gravy fanatic and he loved this. I did not find it sweet at all. Loved the bit of curry and nutmeg. We had this with Turkey Meatballs and Carrot Salad #114503. They were great together!
While the sauce had an interesting flavor, it was not quite what I expected. It was a little sweeter somehow than I expected. I think it may need a little tweaking to make it perfect, but otherwise a good sauce.