Recipe by Lainey39
These make wonderful appetizers. You can prepare the filling and the crescent dough tartlet cups ahead. Just cover and refrigerate them separately for up to 2 hours. Fill the cups just before baking.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefresh whole mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- fresh thyme sprig
- sea salt, for garnish
- quartered small mushroom, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook mushrooms, onion, garlic and flour in butter 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cream and cheese, cook 2-3 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles, firmly press perforations to seal.
- Cut each rectangle into 12 squares.
- Place 1 square in each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- Firmly press in bottom and up sides, leaving corners of dough extended over edges of each cup.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon mushroom mixture into each cup.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove tartlets from oven, sprinkle with thyme.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove tartlets from pan.
- Serve warm.
- Store in refrigerator.
- For garnish, if desired, sprinkle coarse sea salt on the serving plate. Top the tartlets with quartered small mushrooms and fresh thyme.