Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This delicious version from Cooking Light only uses 5 ingredients.
Make and share this Mushroom Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat 8-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute mushrooms for 12 minutes until brown.
- Remove from pan and put in bowl to cool a bit.
- Wipe pan clean.
- Add rest of ingredients to mushroom bowl.
- Stir well.
- Reheat pan over medium heat.
- Lightly coat with oil.
- Add frittata batter and cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until practically set.
- Broil 3 minutes or until set.
- Cut into 4 wedges.