Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
A delicious dish and an excellent source of calcium
Top Review by muncheechee
We liked this, but felt it was missing something - needed some spice or acidity or something. Not quite sure yet. However, I did have to make some substitutions, so that may have been the problem. Subbed plain yogurt for the sour cream and instead of swiss cheese I used a reduced fat italian blend shredded cheese because that's what I had around at the time. Also didn't have parsley so I added some dried italian seasoning to the bread crumbs. I think this would be even better topped with hollandaise sauce and my fiance wants me to toss in some italian sausage next time. Will definitely make this recipe again and play around with it. I'm thinking I'll try some fresh cilantro in place of the parsley next time. This was my first time making a frittata and I think this is a great base recipe for experimentation. Thank you so much :)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, melt butter and cook mushrooms for 3-5 minutes til tneder.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream.
- Stir in mushrooms, cheese, bread crumbs, onions, parsley and seasonings.
- Pour into a 10 incy pie plate or flan pan.
- Bake 350F 30-35 mins til golden and set.