Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
For those who like their eggs gussied up a bit. One of my husband's favorites.
Make and share this Mushroom Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled zucchini
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft bread cubes, lightly packed (about 3 slices)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet sauté mushrooms, onion, green pepper, zucchini, and garlic in oil until crisp tender.
- Beat eggs with cream, salt, and pepper.
- Add mushroom mixture to a bowl with the bread cubes, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Stir thoroughly, but gently, so that cream cheese cubes are left in shape.
- Pour into a well greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until set in the center.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.