1/1 Photo of Mushroom Fried Rice (Teppanyaki Style)
Sue Lau's Note:
This will go wonderfully with something like grilled steak or teriyaki chicken, or just on its own as a vegetarian main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked rice (long grain, white, jasmine, brown, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- black pepper
- 1In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil; keep nearby.
- 2In a large skillet or on a griddle, cook onion and mushroom in coconut oil until the mushrooms release their water and that evaporates.
- 3Stir in the garlic, ginger, and cook until fragrant.
- 4Add the water chestnuts, scallions and peas, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- 5Add the rice and cook until rice is lightly golden in some spots, then add sauce, stirring well.
- 6Stir in sesame seeds just before serving, or use them as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Fried Rice (Teppanyaki Style)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g