Recipe by Miraklegirl
This is a GREAT fried rice recipe and a wonderful way to use up leftover rice. Adapted from a Gourmet Magazine recipe...
Top Review by Lighthouse Rita
Great recipe! I did make some changes because I did not have all the ingredients on hand. I used red cooking wine, instead of cooking sherry, a chopped sweet onion instead of a green onion and only white mushrooms. I cut the recipe into a little less than half and added one scrambled egg. Other than that I followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing.
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom
- 3 bunches scallions, minced
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups chilled white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the soy sauce and broth together in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or wok until hot but not smoking.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 15 seconds or so.
- Add fresh mushrooms and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add rice wine or sherry and cook until mushrooms are tender (about 3 more minutes).
- Stir in scallions and cook until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes (or until heated through).
- Stir in soy and broth mixture, salt and pepper, and cilantro, if using.
- Give the whole thing a good toss.