Recipe by Vicki in Kansas Brown
Haven't made this but it looked good.Got it off the Food Network
Top Review by cynthia912
this took a verylongtime to simmer down, and when you add the cheese, it kind of looks like the cream curdled. Plus I think there is way too much spinich in this (and I usuailly like spinich). The part we liked wasthe mushrooms. Dipping bread in it made the bread really soggy. plus there is alot of oil.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 cups white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cream
- 8 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot add the mushrooms and cook until they start to brown. Make sure not to crowd the pan or the mushrooms will steam instead of searing. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn the pan to medium heat and add the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, onions and garlic and saute for about 10 minutes. Add chicken broth and reduce by half. Add the cream and reduce by half. Add the rest of the ingredients, simmer for 10 minutes and season witth salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a fondue pot. Surround with seared mushrooms. Dip the mushroms into the mixture.