Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a little old cookbook called "Virginia Seasons." My written notes at the top of this one say, "Wonderful!" I last made it in 1994 -- time to make it again!
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen spinach, cooked and well drained
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cracked pepper
- Slice mushrooms and saute in olive oil in small skillet over medium heat until just tender. Remove to a small plate and set aside.
- Add spinach to skillet, over medium heat, and season with salt, onion, garlic. Stir and cook a few minutes.
- Lightly butter a 9" pie plate.
- Line pie plate with cooked spinach.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Drizzle melted butter over.
- Top with cheese and pepper.
- (Can refrigerate at this point, covered. Bring to room temp before baking, if made ahead.).
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes until sizzling.
Made half a recipe using fresh spinach and swiss cheese.
Attention Mushroom Lovers! This is a fantastic side dish (that I could probably eat as a main dish)! It is buttery goodness in a pie plate. Thanks for sharing this excellent recipe!
Without a doubt one of the best side dishes of all time. Thank you so much for sharing this simple, yet very tasty and impressive recipe.