Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so good for mushroom lovers! Had at a BBQ and had to get the recipe...
- 453.59 g ground chuck
- 44.37 ml minced scallions, white and green parts
- 14.79 ml fresh grated ginger
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml teriyaki sauce
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml garlic
- 340.19 g chopped mushroom
- 59.16 ml minced scallions
- 44.37 ml oyster sauce
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- For Mushroom Stuffing, Heat vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Sauté chopped onion with garlic in the skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add chopped mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms have released their juices and the juices have evaporated (about 7 minutes).
- Add minced scallion, oyster sauce and rice vinegar and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Cool completely before stuffing and cooking the burgers.
- For Hamburgers, combine ground chuck, scallion, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and black pepper in a bowl.
- Form meat into 8 thin patties, 3/8-inch thick.
- Place an equal amount of mushroom filling on half of the patties, leaving a margin around the edge.
- Cover the stuffing with the remaining patties.
- Seal the edges by pressing them together with your fingers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grill the patties uncovered for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes per side for charcoal grills (3-1/2-4-1/2 for gas grill), flipping once, until internal temperature reaches 160 F.
- Serve on hamburger bun.
My family raved. I used half shitake mushrooms and half button mushrooms -- and ground turkey. Utterly wonderful. I'll make this again and again.
We loved this recipe! Instead of placing mushrooms in the middle I put them on top, every thing else was the same. Thanks for a new way to kick up old hambugers!